Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin board just stopped working

HI,
    I transferred the entire forum/vbulletin board yesterday to a new server. Today it just stopped working. It was working fine on both my Mac and PC. Today I just got a vBulletin error email that states:
    Database error in vBulletin :

Cannot use database 34227_theatreconsultantsorg

MySQL Error : Access denied for user '34227_user124210'@'%' to database '34227_databasename'
    Error Number : 1044
    Request Date : Tuesday, July 6th 2010 @ 05:31:27 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, July 6th 2010 @ 05:31:27 PM
    Script : http://www.domainname.org/forum/register.php?do=signup
    Referrer : http://www.domainname.org/forum/register.php?do=signup
    IP Address : stated IP address
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

What would make it just stop working? When I go to the log-on page it says:

Database error The database has encountered a problem.
    I just changed the license URL address on vBulletin Board, but can they go into a site and take the bulletin board down without passwords? I have no idea how to go back in and start fixing it. I do have it all backed up of course. But I cannot even sign on to get into the admin panel. It is 3.8.4.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Cheers,
    Janell
    Last edited by Janell1; Tue 6 Jul '10, 4:23pm. Reason: more info

Your config.php (configuration file) does not match up to the permission scheme, and/or database details on your new host. The username/password specified in the configuration is not able to authenticate against the database server. You need to get in contact with your webhost to resolve this issue.
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

Yep.

You need to make sure that you have the database on the new server, that the username and passsword for the user that is linked to the database is correct and that all the details in /includes/config.php are correct. That should get you past the database errors and such, and you might want to look at disabling plugins and products as well whilst you're getting things sorted out.

Comment

Hi IBxAnders & icarusforde,
        Yep, that was the problem. I had vbulletin set this all up originally so I certainly missed that step. Thanks so much...live and learn! But hooray, it is working!
        Cheers,
        Janell

Comment

Congrats, glad to hear that you got it fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X