Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sql file advice

hey,

i have downloaded a sql file, and im wanting to install this on a fresh board.

just a few questions please.

after i create a database for the sql file, do i have to install vbulletin first?
    like then upload the sql to phpmyadmin?

the sql is for vbulletin 3.8.3 and i have installed 3.8.3 vb and now uploading the sql in that databse using phpmyadmin.

yeah, so, not sure if i was meant to install the fresh vbulletin first of after.

any advice please?

thanks.
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Fan Forum | Medical Fairy
    Last edited by jaycob; Wed 13 Jun '12, 7:04pm.
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

I'd probably use ImpEx to do this - IIRC there's a merge function. Merge the database that you have now with the installed vB one.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycob View Post
      hey,

i have downloaded a sql file, and im wanting to install this on a fresh board.

just a few questions please.

after i create a database for the sql file, do i have to install vbulletin first?
      like then upload the sql to phpmyadmin?

the sql is for vbulletin 3.8.3 and i have installed 3.8.3 vb and now uploading the sql in that databse using phpmyadmin.

yeah, so, not sure if i was meant to install the fresh vbulletin first of after.

any advice please?

thanks.
      Yes, it would be betetr if you installed vb first. But if you want you can go ahead with the import first as well and then when uploading the vb files, make sure to add the db info where you restored the sql backup at the config.php file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X