Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot login to admin - Forgotten Details!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot login to admin - Forgotten Details!?

Hi,

I cannot gain access to the admin panel - I havent used the forum for a few months which I had taken over from someone else anyway.
    I also cannot find which email address the forum is set to, so cannot recover password.

It does auto-fill with username and password but says the details are wrong.

Is there any way i can reset the login details? phpmyadmin perhaps?

Thanks

Do you have access to the web server, where you can access the files?

If so, you can use the 'tools.php' file from the do_not_upload folder of your vBulletin software download. Place it in the AdminCP folder (or whatever folder name you have for the admin control panel) and then run that file from your browser. You can regain access to your forum's control panel and user account in that fashion.

When you're done, delete the tools.php from web server when you're done.
    To be updated...

Comment

I will try this right now....

Ok I have tried this - but what do i log in? when i type admin as the username, what do i put in the password field?

I have also tried creating a new user, which has username and password emailed to me, but even trying to log in this way, gives me the you have used 1 out of 5... ?? Strange.

I have not touched this forum for months, so no updates have been done.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

When you access tools.php, you need your vBulletin customer number. Should be just 1 line and that's all you need to access it.

You'll be looking for [Reset Admin Access] towards the bottom.

Note: You'll have to wait the 15 minutes since you've locked your IP address out. Reset the admin access for a selected user and then wait the 15 minutes for your IP to unlock. Then, use that user to log in to your AdminCP.
        To be updated...

Comment

Ok i have got in!! Thank you. so simple when you know how!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X