Noob Needs Help! Importing xml files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Needs Help! Importing xml files

I know this is probably a dumb question, but being the noob I am, I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how to import the XML file from the server I'm using over into Vbulletin. I have already used the FTP to transfer all the files, however I am lost after that part trying to import the XML files. I am aware that I have to enter the path to the Product-XML-File however, I have no idea how to do that or where to began. If someone could please help assist me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you x)

Side note: If you require this information as well, I am trying to add on, one of the hacks from vbulletin.org. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101554

Originally posted by boiano View Post
    I know this is probably a dumb question, but being the noob I am, I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how to import the XML file from the server I'm using. I am aware that I have to enter the path to the Product-XML-File however, I have no idea how to do that or where to began. If someone could please help assist me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you x)

You could try an easier way, assuming you mean about mods xml files. Go to Plugins & Products-Manage Products-[Add/Import Product]-Import Product. And where it says: EITHER upload the XML file from your computer, click the browser button there, find the xml file in your pc, hit the Import button and you should be all set. Hope it helps.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply, but I'm sorry. The system will not allow me do it that way for some reason. I have to use the way with the path. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Have you uploaded the XML file to your server? If so where is it?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Also, what error are you getting when trying to import the xml file by using the way I described? Maybe we can help you in solving the issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X