Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skooby
    replied
    Hi Lynne, I actually figured it out. Really bonehead thing... when I was renaming index.php while testing something, I renamed images.php to images_OLD.php by accident. Everything is working now. Thank you though for the help!

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    replied
    Thanks for all the help Lynne. I went in and disabled the SEO rewrites on the avatars, so the URL for my avatar for example is http://nokturnalist.com/image.php?u=...ine=1274278758 which I think is normal, but when I upload an avatar, it still just has a link to my avatar (and doesn't display a picture). Is this something I should still take up with the SEO people?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Whoops, I forgot that we were in the 3.8 forum. It isn't vbulletin that is changing the links to your avatars. It is either a rewrite rule that you added, or a rewrite rule added by vbseo. So yes, I would start by searching on their site for an issue like this.

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    replied
    Hey Lynne.... I don't have the option Friendly URL's, probably because I have 3.8 and not 4.0? I forgot to mention that I am running vBSeo, so at this point, is this something I need to discuss with them?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    What do you have set for vboptions > friendly urls > url type? Try something else and see what the link to the image is then.

Your rewrite rules would most likely be in an htaccess file if you added them. Some people put them directly into the httpd.conf file.

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    replied
    Sorry Lynne, I tried to look up how to turn off the rewrites but could not find anything that pertained to vb3. I only found something pertaining to vb4. Any idea where I could find that option? Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    That is not a normal vbulletin url. I would guess you have something wrong with your rewrites. Try turning them off and see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    replied
    Hi, it's looking in http://www.nokturnalist.com/avatars/...ine=1274278758

That directory does exist and is chmod' 777, but there is nothing in there. My concern is what happened to all of the avatars on my site previous to me changing skins and moving some folders around. I guess I could start from scratch if there is no fix.... there are worse things in life

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    After you created the folder and uploaded an image, what is the path in your page source where it is looking for the avatar?

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    replied
    Thanks for the response. Right now they are stored in a folder called /avatars in my root, which doesn't actually exist. I went in and manually added that folder, chmod' it to 777, tried uploading an avatar and I don't get an error but no avatar's display, and there are no images in the folder.

I checked the "customavatars" folder for my skin and tha tis empty, and I checked the old style I used to use and that customavatars folder and it is empty as well. I also couldn't find where in the admin CP where I could change the path of the avatars.

Leave a comment:

• melbo

• melbo
    replied
    What path does it give you if you rightclick on the avatar text? Avatar stored in the filesystem are in the folder customavatars by default unless you've chosen a different location in ACP.

Leave a comment:

• skooby
    started a topic Avatar's Missing

Hi guys...
    It looks like the avatars have gone missing on my site. I did move some folders around, so I'm sure this caused the issue, but I can't figure it out.

The user groups have the correct permissions to upload custom avatars, and avatars are enabled. If I try to upload an avatar, it succeeds in uploading, but it never displays anything. Same if I link to a URL. See attached for two screen shots. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files