Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn Administrator Option?!

Hi there
    My forum version is 3.8.5, I just wanted to know why I can't find this option "Warn Administrators" in its appropriate section specified in the snapshot below?
    There is no such item in my forum?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	add_forum_36_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	3717812

Can you give me a link to the page you were viewing?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/forum_add_forum

Comment

That option was removed from the forum setup and basically you can find those settings here:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Infractions & Post Reporting Options

Backstory: There used to be a post reporting feature that was linked to that setting in the forum setup. Now, that group has its own setting group as shown above. That manual page is out of date... not surprisingly (no offense guys).

The short version:

"Warn Administrator" option from back then is now "Post Reporting Email" under the User Infractions & Post Reporting Options in the AdminCP.
        To be updated...

Comment

AFAIK, nobody can warn or give infractions to administrators. Not even if the user is an admin himself.
          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa View Post
            AFAIK, nobody can warn or give infractions to administrators. Not even if the user is an admin himself.
            This thread has nothing to do with infractions, it's about the post reporting feature and how the manual depicts an out-of-date screen capture.

But in regards to your post, No, administrators cannot issue infractions to themselves or other users at the Administrator level. Super Mods and below, yes.
            To be updated...

Comment

Thanks ENF!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X