Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb!!! help needed...

hello all...

last year I spent over $1000 on a custom vb3.8 skin and graphics and it's pretty cool. However I haven't done a thing with the site in nearly a year and want to open it up to go public. I don't want to have to throw it away and have a new vb4 scheme designed. But I don't really know how to finish up my forum to open it to the public. I need to change some graphics around, particularly the header... I need to figure out how to put a rotating banner ad up there in the header... I need to know which kind of html editor to use to edit vb...

Is there a good VB for dummies thread that I missed?

thanks a lot!!!!!!!

> last year I spent over $1000 on a custom vb3.8 skin and graphics and it's pretty cool
    Then please remember that, unless your theme developer keeps up with the vBulletin revisions, you're stuck with 3.8. Not 3.8.1, 3.84 or whatever. 3.8. Later versions may break your theme partially or completely.

> I need to change some graphics around, particularly the header
    You're talking about the graphic that's called on this forum "vBulletin"? The graphic is a file in your installation. For this forum it's located at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...etin4_logo.png. Your forum may be different. If you just want to replace it, find out where the logo lives on your forum and replace it.

> I need to figure out how to put a rotating banner ad up there in the header
    Head over to vBulletin.org and look through the mods. I've seen more than one that does this.

> I need to know which kind of html editor to use to edit vb.
    Are you talking about A file within vBulletin? Any HTML editor can edit HTML files. Notepad can edit HTML files.

vBulletin isn't just one HTML file. It's a whole bunch of php files with lotsa other things thrown in.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X