Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    That's the problem. The URL was not the test site for admincp. Of course after a changed the cookies and path it said test site. lol

I haven't been able to figure out why the forums said test site, but the admincp did not.

BTW, thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    After you logged in and were re-directed to the AdminCP itself, what was the URL?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    When you logged in, was the browser URL your test or Live site?

Did you remember to update the config.php file to point to the test database?
    When I logged into the forum the URL was the test site. I then went into admincp to change cookie settings and URL pointing. I did change config.php, I double checked to make sure I was changing the test site's config.php.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    When you logged in, was the browser URL your test or Live site?

Did you remember to update the config.php file to point to the test database?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    Fixed! Thanks guys.

I have one last question. Where did I go wrong?

Trevor, I followed your directions on creating a test site, but failed to achieve this. When I went into Admincp, on what I thought was the test site, but I think I was changing stuff on my live site.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you search for the URL you have in the Forum URL field on your live site, you should find it OK.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    If you are refering to MyPHPadmin, than yes I do. I see a table that says settings. Is there a link that explains what to do?

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    do you have access to the DB, you can change the URL in the settings table

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    How do I fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    If you're trying this on a test site, it could be down to the forum URL being incorrect in the settings. Do you get the message saying thanks for logging in then get bounced out?
    Yes! That's it.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you're trying this on a test site, it could be down to the forum URL being incorrect in the settings. Do you get the message saying thanks for logging in then get bounced out?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    I just cleared all cookies. Host Gator is having problems today, so I have to wait anyway. I keep getting 404s all over the place.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    try clearing your cookies, or try another browser/computer

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    started a topic Help! I locked myself out of admincp

Help! I locked myself out of admincp

Yesterday I tried to do a test forum to check out 4.0.3. I wanted to do a trail run before I updated the live site.

Now I can't log into admincp. it keeps coming back to the login page.

Please tell me how to fix this, PLEASE.