Moderate Specific User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderate Specific User

I've never needed this before but I may need it now.

Is there a way to moderate a specific user's posts? Forum wide? Without affecting anyone else?

Originally posted by Wolfegar View Post
    I've never needed this before but I may need it now.

Is there a way to moderate a specific user's posts? Forum wide? Without affecting anyone else?
    You can create a custom group and set it up so the posts can be moderated and place there the user/s whose post you want to moderate.

Or you can use my mod:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238533

Comment

Your mod is for vB 4. The board in question remains on the 3.8 branch at this time.

So, I have to create a special group specifically for this? There isn't a built in option to moderate a specific user?
      Last edited by Wolfegar; Sat 1st May '10, 3:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfegar View Post
        Your mod is for vB 4. The board in question remains on the 3.8 branch at this time.

So, I have to create a special group specifically for this? There isn't a built in option to moderate a specific user?
        Try to remove the version at the depency in my mod xml file and give it a go at your 3x forum. it should work there too.

Anyway, as far as I know, there is not a built in option to moderate individual users. Your other option would be to do it via the custom group.

Comment

vB4 mods do NOT work in vB3 due to syntax changes. I tried this with the vBlog for vB4 and it didn't work.
          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa View Post
            vB4 mods do NOT work in vB3 due to syntax changes. I tried this with the vBlog for vB4 and it didn't work.
            That is not entirely true. Several of my mods work fine on a vb 3x. As the areas that they touch/edit are still the same.

Comment

I agree, the SQL commands in a mod work fine, but new templates created by a mod won't work if it was designed for vB4.
              That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X