Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a config file or something . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a config file or something . . .

Last year I did a merge of data from one 3.8 Forum to another, so I could migrate the users over. The process required that I fill out the config file or whatever it was called with the MySQL database name and user and password from the original database and the same info of the database to get the merged data.

I need to do something similar again, but I cannot remember the passwords to the database user accounts. That info was put in the file I had to fill out to do the merg, but I cannot remember if it was a file still there (config or something) or a file used in the merge process and gone now. Does anyone know where I can find the password to my database user accounts?

Both Forums are still there, so if I can get this through either CP, please explain.

Wouldn't you think I would have recorded them somewhere? No . . . Please HELP
    Last edited by pts123; Wed 28 Apr '10, 12:20am.

If you used impex for the merge, then I think the config file would be called ImpExConfig.php

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong way, but you can look at your includes/config.php file to see your database name, username and password.
      Or is it another database you are looking for.

If you forgot your database password, I suppose you can add another username and password, then assign it to that database.
      Then delete the username that you don't have the password for.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X