Where did "junior member" come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did "junior member" come from?

I saw on my site, a person who some how registered as "junior member"when I alone moderate new users.
    I do not have "junior member" on my site.
    It said he was online with me. But when i went into admin control panel, he was set as: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation

All new users must be approved by me first and receive the registration email.

Is there a backdoor open some where?

Joe

Junior Member is a default User Title - admin cp > user titles > user title manager

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

How did this person appear as a registered user. I noticed the persons nickname under mine under online people, I found this odd as i have to approve all new registrations

Comment

You said in your first post that he was in the COPPA group. Now you are saying he was in the Registered usergroup? Those are two different usergroups.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          You said in your first post that he was in the COPPA group. Now you are saying he was in the Registered usergroup? Those are two different usergroups.
          I had signed into the trading post and right under my name ( online users) I noticed another user that i didnt recognize. So i went into admin control panel and I noticed that when i checked out this user, he was listed as (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation. Now the thing im confused is, I moderate ALL new users. Now, if this guy wasnt changed to "registered" as he was not, why would his name appear as being online? I thought that happened only once you register. Now the junior user appeared when i clicked on his name.

Comment

When you register, you get put into a group. In this case, the COPPA group waiting for approval. You get logged in when you register. So, he's logged in and in the COPPA group, so you will want to have the permissions set accordingly. (You can always test this yourself by registering a test user and seeing what happens.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X