Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sump
    replied
    so in the path that i used 1st post it shows what it shows .. I thought it was pointing to the wrong place DOH - DUH it is not .. it is the name of the VPS server.
    I did a move couple time till i land where i am now .. and each time the attachment folder always gave me problems .. I appears that it is permissions not path..

because of the issues with pl2 i wanted to make sure that all was well for me with 3.8.5 before i actually did any live change

so i am bone head .. sorry .. thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What do you think its not going to do. You want to update the path where its stored correct? Then update it where I told you and everything will be fine

Leave a comment:

• sump
    replied
    i do understand that it will not move the file, but it will not work with the wizzard, i have changed the permissions, but it won't work the file is there for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Just follow along with it, it only allows you to change the path, vBulletin can't move the files for you.

Leave a comment:

• sump
    replied
    where is that code generated from ?

my first post that is where i got that from .. but if i wanted to do it manually where is it ... i just need to repoint the pointer so to speak

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Storage Type > Change Attachment Directory

Leave a comment:

• sump
    replied
    this is from the attachment storge manager ... I want to change where the attments are kept so i moved the directory .. but i need to get to the place in VB where this is telling VB the path ..

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Edit it how? I'm not sure I understand the question.

Leave a comment:

• sump
    started a topic where can i find this

where can i find this

i want to edit this ..

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /var/www/vhosts/myforum.com/httpdocs/attachments

thanks