Help With Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Spam

Im currently having major problems with spam on my forums.

I have followed many of the steps outlined in alot of the combat spam guides like implementing verify email before registration, recaptcha and akismet.

This has helped, but im still recieving alot of cvv / card dump related spam posts.

I was wondering is there is anyway I can do the following:

1. Moderate Posts IF they contain a cert word / phrase.
    2. Disable BBCode / Posting Links for new users?

I have a New Users group, which I have already limited PM / Visitor page posting and a few other things until they have posted X amount and been registered for X amount.

If anyone knows how to do the above or if stock vbulletin cannot do this but you know of a plugin that can, that would be very much appreciated.

Have you tried using the Question/Answer mothod for registrations? A lot of users have found this cuts a huge number of spam registrations down.

As for the suggestions:

1. Have you enabled the Spam Management tools in AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Spam Management?
    2. That would require modifying the code, there may be a plugin over at www.vbulletin.org for that.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X