• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rrudeboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Homeworld'sa View Post
    Is the option switch set to no?
    yes (double-checked just now)... like i said, instead of [s] it inserts [strike]...

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Is the option switch set to no?

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    the <s> code in the picture above is a deprecated tag for XHTML.
    <del> is the preferred for strikeouts.
    okay, switching s to del works as well, but still i need to find the code because it inserts a [STRIKE] and [/STRIKE]..

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    the <s> code in the picture above is a deprecated tag for XHTML.
    <del> is the preferred for strikeouts.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    i did what's in the screenshot, and if i manually add and it works, if i use the button i created (and used to use) it inserts a [strike] and [/strike], unable yet where that's defined....

Leave a comment:

• prisoner 24601
    replied
    The working code, in a PNG snapshot. The big issue is to make sure you don't use {option}.

By the way, the code to make BBCode not run in a post is [noparse].
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Name: Strikeouts
    bbcode name: strike
    html replacement:
    <del>{param}</del>

Example:
    [strike]strikeout text[/strike]

Leave a comment:

• prisoner 24601
    replied
    Ah. Two different issues.

First, on the BOLD issue, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the Replacement Variable Manager really does just replace text with text, not BBCode entries. Especially considering I just tried it the way you're doing it and it doesn't work. Another worthy person may be able to help.

Second, on the strike-through thing, your BB Code shouldn't have < or >, it should have [ and ]. I think you just coded the BBcode incorrectly. Hang on for a couple and I'll try to code it properly. Hey, I could use some strike-through.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    I cannot assist further. =( However, the HTML for the strikeout shouldn't contain those weird codes in it.
    thanks for trying..

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    I cannot assist further. =( However, the HTML for the strikeout shouldn't contain those weird codes in it.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    screen shot Replacement Variable and screen shot BB Code Manager, yes i am using these in posts...

tks.

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Screenshot of the problem? BBCode needs to parse properly. Where are you using this, posts?

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    You must use BBCode, NOT html
    that's what i just did... i replaced the < b > with [ b ] (without the spaces...) and in the post it shows:

[ b ]tks[ / b ]

(i've put it in the replacement variable...)

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    You must use BBCode, NOT html

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    started a topic hey, my tag is showing :}

hey, my tag is showing :}

so i added a Replacement Variables that if somebody types "tks" is automatically puts it in bold, now when somebody replies it shows the tags like < b >tks</ b > (spaces just to make it show here).... any idea why ? same goes with strike-through which i added in the BB Code Manager..

any idea why ?

thanks...