Is there a way to make people use specific styled passwords in vb 3.8.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to make people use specific styled passwords in vb 3.8.5

I am looking for a way to make and check at registration or password changes that members use upper/lower case letters, numbers and symbols in passwords, to stop them using simple passwords that are lower case letters only or common dictionary words. I have done a search but not come up with anything. Not sure if there is a setting in vb 3.8.5 that would cover this, did a search on the documentation came up with nothing.

All advice appreciated.
    Thanks,

Peter

I don't believe there is that option however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks Trevor I have done that already, after reading some replies to other peoples threads, being told the same thing. What I find funny, this is a "Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting" forum though a lot of members seem to not understand that, and keep directing people over to vbulletin.org maybe this Forum is incorrectly titled.

Really vbulletin.com should support their customers a bit more than directing people to another site which I realise is full of people that do coding mods etc.

I am actually surprised that this isn't a standard thing to help fight against hackers and spammers, would certainly make life better for admins to be able to set this in place.
      Thanks,

Peter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X