Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My users get unbanned, although vB shows them banned !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My users get unbanned, although vB shows them banned !

    Hi !

    I am having a strange issue for a while now. I hoped updating to 3.8.2, then 3.8.4, then 3.8.4 PL2, then 3.8.5 will fix this problem, but it doesn't. The problem is that i see my banned users getting automatically unbanned, although in the Infraction System i see the banning period hasn't passed.

    For example, i banned an user a few days ago, for a period of 30 days. Today i see my user is unbanned (no moderator did that), and inside the Infraction System it says the ban will expire on "13:33, 22nd Apr 2010". I've got the same problem for more than 20 users, so i can't say it's "one time problem".

    So, please, let me know how can i fix that... as it's killing my forum, users knowing already they will get unbanned in just a few days. Thanks in advance !

  • #2
    When you say you see them as unbanned, do you mean that their usergroup has changed back to Registered User or whatever they were before that?

    Have you double and triple checked your usergroup settings to ensure that no one else has the ability to change members' usergroups?
    CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
      When you say you see them as unbanned, do you mean that their usergroup has changed back to Registered User or whatever they were before that?

      Have you double and triple checked your usergroup settings to ensure that no one else has the ability to change members' usergroups?
      Yes, the users return to Registered usergroup in 2 days. I've triple checked usergroup settings, but it's not that. I think it has something to do with "Automatic ban" points... the system is using that instead of User Infractions Level points. For example, if an user gets 10 infraction points (30 days ban), the vB system is following first the rule of 2 points autoban, so it will unban the user after just 2 days... It's crazy...

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a setting that allows the points or time to be set consecutively so that additional infractions extend the punishment time.

        Unfortunately I'm responding from my smart phone so I can't look up the steps you need to take.

        I'll try to remember to look up the steps when I get home tonight.
        CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
          There is a setting that allows the points or time to be set consecutively so that additional infractions extend the punishment time.

          Unfortunately I'm responding from my smart phone so I can't look up the steps you need to take.

          I'll try to remember to look up the steps when I get home tonight.
          I'm also having this problem on my forum - users permanently banned through the infraction system returning after 2 days.

          Does Chimpie's suggestion solve this? I have updated all the infraction levels to Extend = Yes, will this fix it or does something else need to be done?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by monky View Post
            For example, i banned an user a few days ago, for a period of 30 days. Today i see my user is unbanned (no moderator did that), and inside the Infraction System it says the ban will expire on "13:33, 22nd Apr 2010". I've got the same problem for more than 20 users, so i can't say it's "one time problem".

            So, please, let me know how can i fix that... as it's killing my forum, users knowing already they will get unbanned in just a few days. Thanks in advance !
            Something you have installed is restoring them, what mods do you have ?
            Baby, I was born this way

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X