X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delw
    replied
    Got it thanks.
    Thats why I didnt understand it the phrase above, it was from the config file.

Thanks again I will give it a shot in the next 2 days.

BTW I checked the 350+ info adresses they are all spam just got tired of deleting one by one Xmail is the same

Again thanks for your help.
    Delw

Leave a comment:

• JamesAB
    replied
    Delw,
    That's not where you want to add the *.info

First edit your config.php file to add your admin userid in that line. For example if your admin userid is 1, that line in config.php should look like:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000bb]$config[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700][[/COLOR][COLOR=#dd0000]'SpecialUsers'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]][[/COLOR][COLOR=#dd0000]'canrunqueries'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]] = [/COLOR][COLOR=#dd0000]'1'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]; [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    That will enable the option for you to run mySQL queries in the AdminCP.

Next step. Make a backup of your database. Don't mess with your database if you don't have a backup!

If you are 100% sure you want to delete every member with the .info extension in their email address, go to AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query and put this in the "Manual Query" text box and click continue and then continue again on the next page.
    Code:
    DELETE FROM user WHERE email LIKE '%.info';
    Note: If you set your database up with a prefix for vBulletin, you'll need to add that prefix to the word "user" in the mySQL query listed above.

Leave a comment:

• Delw
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    You can also run the query from the Acp of your Forum-Maintenance-Execute SQL Query. And make sure to add your uid at

PHP Code:
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = ''
    in the config.php file.
    would you mind touching on this a little more?
    I am in the same boat I have 10+k members and 40% are not legit, most use xmail and .info extensions.
    in the acp> Execute SQL Query What exactly do I type for get rid of emails with the .info extension for example?
    I don't want to destroy the board with one of my typos.

PHP Code:
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '*.info'
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    You can also run the query from the Acp of your Forum-Maintenance-Execute SQL Query. And make sure to add your uid at

PHP Code:
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = ''
    in the config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• rugbydump
    replied
    Hi, thanks for that advise. I don't have access to the cp of the host at the moment, but will try get them to do that for me or rather gain access so I can do it myself.
    Thanks though, it sounds like a good plan.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Hi rugbydump, I am following up on this. Did the above solution worked out for you?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by rugbydump View Post
    Hi, A while back I was hammered hard with spammers. So I now have a few thousand 'users' that aren't actually users. I'd like to remove them but can't figure out how.

I've come to learn that a large amount are .ru addresses. I can search for .ru under search for users in admin, but that only allows me to delete one-by-one. Prune/Move Users on the other hand doesn't allow me to search for users based on domain.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about this please?
    Thanks in advance
    Try this: Go to the phpmyadmin at the cp of your host, select the db that your forum resides on and at the SQL tab run the following query:

Code:
    DELETE FROM user WHERE email LIKE '%.ru';
    It works like a charm. Remember, if your db tables have a prefix to include it as well in the query. Also make first a backup of the user table, just in case.

Let me know how it will go.

Leave a comment:

• rugbydump
    started a topic How to mass remove users from one domain

How to mass remove users from one domain

Hi, A while back I was hammered hard with spammers. So I now have a few thousand 'users' that aren't actually users. I'd like to remove them but can't figure out how.

I've come to learn that a large amount are .ru addresses. I can search for .ru under search for users in admin, but that only allows me to delete one-by-one. Prune/Move Users on the other hand doesn't allow me to search for users based on domain.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about this please?
    Thanks in advance