Cannot get SSI to work in new style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get SSI to work in new style

I am trying to create a new style for my forum (3.8.5) to match a new look for my site and I am using server side includes on my site design. The SSI works fine on my site design but I cannot get them to load on the forum. Does anyone have any insight to this?

I have tried both

<!--#include virtual="/includes/nav.php" -->

and

<?php include("/includes/nav.php") ?>

and neither one will actually produce the content. (yes, I have them pointing to the correct file location. I have used the full path as well as the shortened path) When the style is loaded it just shows the code I used. This seems simple but I must be overlooking something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

SSI's don't work in the templates. See: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/t..._externalfiles

Comment

Thanks for the help! Took a little bit of playing but I was able to get all three of the php files I wanted to include working. Thanks again. Now I just need to figure out how to apply my css, specifically the font size, to the included files. Any suggestions on that?

btw - as I have my new design setup - I have one css file controlling the entire look which includes the php files I have as SSI. Should I break that up and put the css styles directly into those php files?
      Last edited by ShadoeWolfe; Sat 3 Apr '10, 6:35am. Reason: added info

Comment

You could just include the css file in headinclude.

Comment

I did that and everything from the css file works right except for the font size. Both the nav.php and the footer.php file show up as coded - but they are about two sizes larger on the board than they are on the rest of the site. Background, layout - everything is right except for the font size - any idea why that would be?

here is how the forum link: http://www.brianlumley.com/forums

and here is a site page with how the font size should be: http://www.brianlumley.com/faq.html

I have two different css files controlling the pages - with the only difference being the padding for the sidebar and main content (using vbadvanced made the forum list too cramped at the site settings so I minimized or eliminated the padding for the forum css).

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I finally figured this out on my own. In the Style Manager, the ' <td>, <th>, <p>, <li> ' section was listing a 10pt font along with the standard font types. Needless to say, that affected all of my menu items as <p> and <li> cover a lot of items on a regular page. If anyone else is having trouble with a css not showing font sizes properly, just delete those two items and all will be well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X