All Phrases Missing..blank dropdowns and buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Phrases Missing..blank dropdowns and buttons

twice in the past 3 days, something happens to my forum where all the phrases go missing. all dropdowns and buttons are blank

weird thing is, i also have a VB4 test environment setup in another directory running off a separate database, and the same thing happens there too. I have to fix it by running the install/upgrade.php script. any ideas?

Are you using memcache or xcache and do you have a different prefix set up for each site in the config.php file?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

no to cache software, yes to different prefix. both sites are on totally separate databases

Comment

Are you getting anything in the error_logs or access_logs? Have you tried looking in the phrase table when this happens to see if it is actually disappearing? Are you using the Datastore Cache at all (config.php option)?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

nothing unusual in any logs. the phrase table is intact. no datastore caching is enabled.
          when i login to the admincp when this is happening, i get this on the redirect screen
          Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions_login.php on line 332

i made a copy of the database while its in this state and set it up on a test site if anyone wants to take a look

Comment

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
            Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
            define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
              Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
              yes this was done and it still happens. its happening 1-2 times per day. I have not made any changes or updates to my board since 3.8.4PL2 a few months ago..this issue only started recently.

Comment

Do you remember doing anything on your site around the time this started? Have you asked your host if they did any software upgrades on your server around that time? It may be that you should put in a support ticket and have support take a look at your site.

Comment

i have done that they said they have not changed anything. i appreciate the generic tech support, but has anyone else seen this specific issue?

Comment

For the missing phrases, have you tried uploading tools.php to your admin cp and running the language import? (As always, do a database backup beforehand.)

Comment

I have the same problem with 3.8.5 - tried Tools.php and no luck - finally resolved it by going to the admincp and as I couldn't see the rebuild all languages link I manually entered it into my browser:
                      -your forum address-/admincp/language.php?do=rebuild&goto=language.php?

I then went out of the admincp and then went back in and all was ok

Hope this helps someone
                      Last edited by ibaker; Mon 3 May '10, 1:41pm.
                      Best regards
                      Ian
                      "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
                      www.recreationalflying.com
                      NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Comment

THANK YOU Wilfred1 for this great peice of info.....I moved my forum from one server to another and had the same error.....(i think they didn't copy the language file) but I ran the script you put in above...and it worked like a charm......THANKS A MILLION!

(Just wished I found it 5 hours earlier)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X