Security Token Problem Upon Photo Upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Token Problem Upon Photo Upload

One of my members keeps getting a security token missing problem upon trying to upload a photo in the forums.

I am running 3.8.4 and I've tested the photo upload feature using the latest version of firefox as well as IE and I don't get any kind of a security token problem. It's only one member that seems to be having this issue. Any ideas?
    Rob

Several of my members get this when uploading large photos. When they mention it to me, I suggest that they resize the photos to below 1200x800, or only upload one or two photos at a time. Your member's ISP upload speed factors into this, too, which makes it hard to duplicate if you're on a faster connection than the user having the problem.

Another solution: adjust (or ask your webhost to adjust) your PHP MAX EXECUTION TIME setting on your server. This controls how long the upload script allows for the photo upload to complete.

What happens is that your user is attempting to upload a huge photo, and it's not being completely uploaded (filesize and/or the member's upload speed) before the upload script times out (PHP MAX EXECUTION TIME setting). The server then kicks an error back to the forum, which displays to the user as an Invalid Security Token instead of Upload Timeout.

Comment

this shouldnt be an issue - period. We need a fix for this.
      vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
      vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
      Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

not sure if it'll help, but.....

Cannot upload large files: security token was missing
        currently using vB3.8.7 Patch Level 2

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X