vB Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Database Error

Hi, folks. I got a DB error tonight with some things in it I have never seen before. I get a " MySQL server has gone away" error every couple of days, but its the string after "Invalid SQL" that has me stumped. Can anyone decipher it for me please? BTW, running 3.8.5 with vBPortal.

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.5:
    Invalid SQL:

SELECT trackerid, tracker.title AS trackertitle, trackerdate, lastnotedate AS dateline, private,
    admin.username AS adminname, tracker.username AS submitter, tracker.userid, lastnoteby AS lastreplyname
    FROM vbp_tracker AS tracker
    LEFT JOIN vb_user AS admin ON (tracker.adminid = admin.userid)
    WHERE visible = 1
    AND private = 0

ORDER BY lastnotedate DESC
    LIMIT 6;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Request Date : Tuesday, March 23rd 2010 @ 09:32:54 AM
    Error Date : Tuesday, March 23rd 2010 @ 09:34:03 AM
    Script : http://www.crew38.com/modules/Jig/index.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 71.235.21.37
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

The part after the Invalid SQL statement is simply the query that the server wanted to run when the MySQL server took a coffee break. It looks like it is from a tracker modification since vbulletin does not have a tracker table in it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Try disabling the tracker modification to see if the probelm persists. If it doesn't then you know it's a problem with that mod. If the mod is supported it would be better to ask there- if not you should double check you installed it correctly and post back here with your results.
      Rap Battles & Hip Hop Music - LyricalThreats

Sure glad he's former staff. Didn't even bother to validate my license

Comment

The tracker mod is most like vBTracker.
        You'd be better off getting support on the vbcredits.com forums.
        Also, your MySQL server went away too.

EDIT: 500th post yay
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It appears to be a component of vbPortal in this case. It's the frst time I've seen that one, so all of the info had me curious. It has not repeated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X