Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smurphy
    replied
    yes, you are right i was mad about their policy, but it is also true that it is my fault that i did not read it first.
    good luck vbseo with your policy and support,

ps: i eddited my previous post , about the license beeing gone, i did not said that vbseo hacked my forum i said that after the discusions someone(who knows very well vbulltin platform, because there was no backdoor opened) hacked my forum, and deleted all my databases & stuff, i dont know who that was, i have no proof in any way, all i know is : my forum and vps configurations, got messed up
    i am sorry for buying from vbseo, for me ,subject closed,
    take care..

Leave a comment:

• Michael Biddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    I'm not a fan boy of vbseo, nor do I use it on every site I have, but they are pretty stand up as far as such things go and support has been excellent.
    OT: Thanks Reeve

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    which at $35 to renew the license before the change is made is not outrageous considering vbseo staff probably has to follow up once in a while to make sure people take the files off the old url. And considering you get new updates, etc, for another year, its not like the user is out anything.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by smurphy View Post
    i didn`t said that the renew is 150$ i know it is sometyhing like 35$, but the problem is that i have payed 150$(when i bought it) , i have a valid license and i can not edit it, i allready made a tiket to your support, and the answer was: if you want to edit you have to renew, i saw that this is your policy but IT IS WRONG! in my vbulletin account in the members area, allthogh my updates are expired, i have 1 valid license and i can do watever i want with it, so i can edit it to another domain, that is why i payed 150$ for the license to do watever i want with it. So if you don`t want to understand that what you are doing is wrong, i will make sure that noboby else make the same mistake like me, this is not correct for costumers, if i knew that i did not bougt from you, so, do you still want me to contact you on vbseo? can you help make things right?

PS: Sems that yersterday,after the discussion with vbseo team someone has hacked into my forum and deleted all my databases, vps configuration etc, so he really inteded to punish me )
    and in my vbseo account my license is.. GONE, is that legal? didn`t i payed 150$ for it?

I mention that in 5 years i have never see something like that, it is clear that we are not talking about hacker kids, we are talking about someone who wanted to punish me , deteled all configs etc

vbseo team, i have a question for you, are you upset on me because i wrote on other sites my story with your support, shouldn`t people find out before making a mistake?
    why do i have to renew my license in order to use it on watever domain i want? nice policy ,not!
    Reeve has pretty much summed it up.

Your site's hacking was not anything to do with vBSEO staff, your license is still there, your account is still there, and you clicked a box that said "I Agree with the Terms and Conditions" of licensing when you purchased. If you did not agree, you were within your rights to stop the purchase at that point.

You will need to renew your license to be able to transfer it.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Xtrigit,

I'm relatively confident that no one on the vbseo team hacked his account or that his account details were hacked from the vbseo.com servers. I'm not a fan boy of vbseo, nor do I use it on every site I have, but they are pretty stand up as far as such things go and support has been excellent.

This guy had an issue, he posted about it another thread, and vbseo staff confirmed that the dude still has his license and nothing was done with it. I think he's upset because he doesn't like a policy and is lashing out because he wants someone to blame for his hacking issues.

There's tons of debate about whether vbseo is worth the expense (which I wont get into) but no one but this guy has this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Xtrigit
    replied
    i didn`t said that the renew is 150$ i know it is sometyhing like 35$, but the problem is that i have payed 150$(when i bought it) , i have a valid license and i can not edit it, i allready made a tiket to your support, and the answer was: if you want to edit you have to renew, i saw that this is your policy but IT IS WRONG! in my vbulletin account in the members area, allthogh my updates are expired, i have 1 valid license and i can do watever i want with it, so i can edit it to another domain, that is why i payed 150$ for the license to do watever i want with it. So if you don`t want to understand that what you are doing is wrong, i will make sure that noboby else make the same mistake like me, this is not correct for costumers, if i knew that i did not bougt from you, so, do you still want me to contact you on vbseo? can you help make things right?

PS: Sems that yersterday,after the discussion with vbseo team someone has hacked into my forum and deleted all my databases, vps configuration etc, so he really inteded to punish me )
    and in my vbseo account my license is.. GONE, is that legal? didn`t i payed 150$ for it?

I mention that in 5 years i have never see something like that, it is clear that we are not talking about hacker kids, we are talking about someone who wanted to punish me , deteled all configs etc

vbseo team, i have a question for you, are you upset on me because i wrote on other sites my story with your support, shouldn`t people find out before making a mistake?
    why do i have to renew my license in order to use it on watever domain i want? nice policy ,not!
    WOW! That sucks.

I was about to purchase a few licenses but if they do what you said they did to you, then I'm not interested anymore. Also, even if it wasn't them deleting stuff on your server it still is very dangerous because they don't even encrypt the data sent to the support deparment.

I would NEVER send sensitive data over an unsecured connection.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• smurphy
    replied

Last edited by smurphy; Tue 23 Mar '10, 3:34am.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Homeworld'sa View Post
    What is this question even doing here on vB.com? vBSEO questions need to be posted on the vBSEO Community Forum: http://www.vbseo.com/forums
    The OP is probably of the impression that a less biased opinion could be received here, and this site has most likely the largest target demographic to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    What is this question even doing here on vB.com? vBSEO questions need to be posted on the vBSEO Community Forum: http://www.vbseo.com/forums

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    in advance: sorry for bad english.
    Vbseo is the worst thing ever, if you want to edit your license, how you do in vbulletin from the members area, you have to renew you license, so you pay 150$ ( which also is way too much for what the script do)you keep thei link in the site, tiket support response untill you forget about it, and after that you have to renew to edit your license, not recemended,
    Plus from now on in the next updates vbulletin is upgrading their own seo, so you really don`t need to throw away with money.
    ps: i you want i sell mine
    Hello,

As part of the vBSEO team, I feel I have to correct this.. the renewal is $35, not $150.

(Also, if you request a Transfer while your license is active, that transfer will be honored, even if your license was to expire prior to it being actioned.)

Regarding the differences between "vBulletin 4.0 SEO" and vBSEO, we have a feature matrix here: http://www.vbseo.com/en/feature-matrix/

@smurphy - Please feel free to PM me on vBSEO (Ace Shattock) and I can investigate your claim of a ticket that was unanswered, then you were required to renew. It doesn't sound anything like the way we operate, so I would be very interested in addressing it.

Leave a comment:

• smurphy
    replied
    in advance: sorry for bad english.
    Vbseo is the worst thing ever, if you want to edit your license, how you do in vbulletin from the members area, you have to renew you license, so you pay 150$ ( which also is way too much for what the script do)you keep thei link in the site, tiket support response untill you forget about it, and after that you have to renew to edit your license, not recemended,
    Plus from now on in the next updates vbulletin is upgrading their own seo, so you really don`t need to throw away with money.
    ps: i you want i sell mine

Leave a comment:

• tomydamic68
    started a topic vbseo question

vbseo question

Hi,
    I have a forum that is specific to one breed of animal. It has about 600 users, 300 active users. My question is, do you think its worth purchasing vbseo, will it help me attract what im looking for? I just want to attract owners or potential owners of this breed. So im not looking for just traffic, if you know what i mean.
    Thanks in advanced.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X