Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a message all other messages looks as part of that message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tgralex
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    I would try a totally default style on there also and see if that makes a difference.
    Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?
    New style created and that page looks good with it. It means I need to review what are the changes in my default template and fix the problems...
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I would try a totally default style on there also and see if that makes a difference.
    Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• tgralex
    replied
    Run the page through an html validator and I'm sure you will find the problem. 175 errors - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0 So omitted </td> tags, image tags split between lines, missing </div> tags... fix those and I'm sure your problem will go away.
    There is a problem with the page - no need for validator to see that. Question - why?
    BTW, the problem starts with message #339, and it is a reply on message #338. And the message #338 is shown only partially. It is cut in a middle of a phrase. If I press InLine Edit - it will show me the whole text...
    I thought may be it is a character (first hidden), but on other threads having the same problem it is a different one.
    I know I started to experience this after I switch to UTF-8
    Tonight I'll try to disable all PlugIns and see if it helps, but...
    Any idea why such a behavior?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Run the page through an html validator and I'm sure you will find the problem. 175 errors - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0 So omitted </td> tags, image tags split between lines, missing </div> tags... fix those and I'm sure your problem will go away.

Leave a comment:

• tgralex
    replied
    Take a look at your spacer_close template. Is it default? It is only adding one </div> after that particular post instead of the three </div> it is supposed to add.
    My spacer_close is unchanged and has default value in my templates.
    Do you think it could be from a template, because as I mentioned it is not happening always, rarely and on some threads...
    Last edited by tgralex; Tue 16th Mar '10, 1:04pm.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Take a look at your spacer_close template. Is it default? It is only adding one </div> after that particular post instead of the three </div> it is supposed to add.

Leave a comment:

• After a message all other messages looks as part of that message...

After a message all other messages looks as part of that message.
    Look here: http://www.khachmeruk.com/forum/show...732#post360732

I see this problem from time to time
    I think it may be a hidden character software puts in, but nothing in a message looks extraordinary. Sometime it could be fixed by taking extra spaces off. Sometime that doesn't work.

Any ideas why it might happen and how to fight it?

vBulletin 3.8.2
    codepage: UTF-8
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X