Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to email admin or mod notification of post for moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to email admin or mod notification of post for moderation?

I'm trying to squish some spammers on my site. I'd like to be able to approve or not a new user's first post on my boards. I have it set up so that their first post needs to be approved, but I'd like to be notified when there are posts waiting for moderation. I can't find an option that alerts admins or mods when there is a post waiting.

Thank you for your time and your help. I really appreciate it!

Inside the Moderator Manager, there is a setting for each moderator at the very bottom that says:

Receive Email When a New Thread is Created (Yes / No)
    Receive Email When a New Post is Created (Yes / No)

AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Click "Edit Permissions" for each Moderator you want to receive email notices.
    To be updated...

Comment

Thank you ENF for your reply. Without first implementing your suggestion, it would appear that your method would send an email to the selected moderator whenever ANY user creates a new thread or post.

I'd like to monitor only those new threads or posts created by a new user that has not yet posted anything yet. Am I correct? If so, is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks again.

Comment

In looking at those settings, I guess you are correct. I was thinking that was for notification of posts/threads that pop up in the Moderation queue.

After looking around again, I don't see a way to exactly what you are asking for.
        To be updated...

Comment

This would be a great feature. I rarely check the moderation queue.
          Is there any known solutions or plug ins for this type of notifications.

Comment