Custom User Title option not appearing in User CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom User Title option not appearing in User CP

I have my Usergroups options set to allow Custom User Titles. If I go to the User Manager for a given user I have it set to "Yes, User Set", however, there is no longer an option anywhere in the User CP to actually change the user title, including under my Admin user account. It was working fine in 3.6.3, but I just upgraded to 3.8.4 and it's disappeared from the User CP. What can I do to get it back again?

A) Do have any modifications running? Try disabling them to see if that impacts your custom user titles.

B) Did you check secondary user group settings?

3.6.3 to 3.8.4 is a big jump. I bet something broke somewhere... just a guess.
    To be updated...

Comment

there is an option in usergroups to allow custom user titles. Turn it on.
      VB 4.0 is the same as Windows Vista...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
        A) Do have any modifications running? Try disabling them to see if that impacts your custom user titles.

B) Did you check secondary user group settings?

3.6.3 to 3.8.4 is a big jump. I bet something broke somewhere... just a guess.
        I checked the primary group of one of the users and it's turned on, but in a secondary group it wasn't. I then went and checked my Admin account which had fewer Usergroups, and each group was set correctly, so I don't think this is the problem. I do have a few modifications though, so I'll try to see if one of these is causing an issue.

Originally posted by Buck_gps View Post
        there is an option in usergroups to allow custom user titles. Turn it on.
        See first sentence of OP. It is turned on.

Comment

OK, I disabled all plugins and the ability for users to set their Custom Title still did not show anywhere in the User CP.

So a first question is where should it be? If I recall in 3.6.3 it was under Edit Avatar, right? Has it moved somewhere? Has another setting been introduced that I've over looked?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveAK View Post
            OK, I disabled all plugins and the ability for users to set their Custom Title still did not show anywhere in the User CP.

So a first question is where should it be? If I recall in 3.6.3 it was under Edit Avatar, right? Has it moved somewhere? Has another setting been introduced that I've over looked?
            In 3.8.4 - It's under "Edit Your Details" in the User Control Panel. Right under "Email & Password" Settings after clicking "Edit Your Details".

To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
              In 3.8.4 - It's under "Edit Your Details" in the User Control Panel. Right under "Email & Password" Settings after clicking "Edit Your Details".

I don't have that. Mine still looks like 3.6.3 although I reverted my templates and then redid my mods. How can I make sure they're 3.8.4 templates? I'm guessing there is something in the Style Manager to get the default templates back, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	user-cp..PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	3678233

Comment

OK. I found that USERCP_SHELL had been modified. I reverted it and we're in business. Now I just need to find out why it had been modified.

Fixed!!!!

Thanks all for your help!

Comment

To start from scratch:

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Add New Style] > Enter The Name, User Selectable [YES] and The Order

This will create a fresh style based on the embedded template that should be already loaded in your forum directory. (Assuming that you uploaded all of the 3.8.4 files correctly) If you are unsure, re-upload the default 3.8.4 install package.

After doing this, go to your forum home page and select the new style you just created and see if the User Control Panel looks the same as the one I posted. If it does not, then your files were not uploaded correctly. After you confirm that this solves your problem, delete your old style and then make the new style your forum default here: AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Default Style

You'll need enter any special modifications such as google analytics or whatever you may have done in your old style, in the new style.

Good Luck.
                  To be updated...

Comment

Oh.. damn.

Well, I'll leave my last post there just in case someone needs it -- you posted while I was replying, lol. -- I kept getting interrupted while writing.... :P
                    To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X