Cannot prune (delete) thousands of users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot prune (delete) thousands of users

I'm doing a clean-up as we have about 40,000 inactive users. I tried using the prune function, but I get the "Invalid Action Specified" error. I managed to delete when it's less than 1,000 users, but not more.

We're running v.3.8.2.
    I tried adding these lines to the includes/config.php:
    ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "2880");
    I tried in several browsers.

We do have some spam mods installed, but I can't believe its necessary having to remove all this to delete these users. After all it works for < 1000 users..

Any ideas how to get about this problem?

Have you tried disabling your mods and seeing if you can run it? I know whenever I prune our users, I try to only prune about 2-3K at a time. I would not do all 40K users in one action.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

By disabling, do you mean to uninstall/remove them? Or do you mean to untick the "active" box in the Plugin System manager?

Maybe not all 40,000 in one batch, but at least it would be nice if I could do more than 1,000

Thanks,
      Martin.

Comment

Just disable them in the config.php file and see if that fixes the issue.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok thanks Lynne, I will try that..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X