• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of Errors via Email!- Can't connect to MySQL server

Hello.

I am receiving thousands of Errors via Email, like this:
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '11.22.33' (4)
    /web/htdocs/www.mysite.com/home/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Tuesday, February 9th 2010 @ 08:07:14 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, February 9th 2010 @ 08:08:14 PM
    Script : www.mysite.com
    Referrer :
    IP Address :
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Script and IP Address are not always the same, they often change!

This situations started on Sunday morning at about 8.30 AM (GMT).. I was in my bed and I am the only admin.. No one did any edit or modification on any file or on DB.

I have already talked to my host.. they said that this depends on vBulletin !!

What can I do??? In 3 days, i have received like 3000 emails!!! Help me.. Saturday night everything was OK!!! I have never seen this email since sunday morning!!

Today I have re-upload all the original file.. but the situation is always the same! What can i do?

Comment

I got the same problem also.

I got 3 tickets open at my hosting company.

They claim, my system is overloading and processes are not closing.

But I been running the same vbulletin, the same traffic, the same database for over a year.

Never a error before, and if I got an error it was always the same ip, and i just ban that user.

Now ever ip, ever user, even myself with the board shutdown, get errors in the admincp.

it started at 2:18am EST for me, and last 2 hours, non-stop thousands of errors.
      then it started up again at 10:01am EST for me, and last another 2 hours, non-stop thousands of errors.
      and then a one minute blast at 1:43pm
      and then a 30 minute blast starting at 3:06pm
      then from then on, a series of one minute blasts at 4:07pm/5:37pm/5:58pm/6:21pm/6:30pm/7:00pm/8:00pm/8:30pm

It is like someone is DDOS the server box in cycles, and since I got like 3 tickets open, then decided to cut it down to 1 minute blasts.

As my last message from my hosting provider, is just hop in on live chat when the problem starts and we will look into it asap and solve it.

Problem is now, it lasts under a minute, by the time i know it is happening, and get into live chat, the problem goes away.

It is so damm madding it is not funny.

Over 20 years on the 'net and over 6 years using vbulletin, and I never see something like this before.

Comment

Finally at 9:24pm today, I got a reply to one of my 3 open tickets with my hosting provider.

And they claimed they found the database causing the problem.

and so far no more sql errors.

Maybe it is the same as me, another site being servered from the same server rack, was causing all the problem.

You should open a ticket with your hosting provider.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X