Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exclude rss feeds subforum from todays posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exclude rss feeds subforum from todays posts?

Hi!

I have some subforums for rss news feeds only. But i would really like to exclude that subforum from "latest post" "Posts today" and etc. functions! So that only the discussionsforum uses these functions! Any tips on how i exclude my news feed categori from rest of the forums?

Or can i find another rss reader for vbulletin?

If you add &exclude=forumid (eg: &exclude=76,77,78) to the URL, you will exclude the forums in the comma-separated list from the Search Result.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Where exactly do i add this code Ace?

Sorry i am kind of a newbie to this!

Comment

Go to AdminCP - Styles and Templates - Search in Templates

Search for getnew (and getdaily later). The result should be the navbar template. Open that, then wherever you see getnew, change it to something like this:

Code:
        do=getnew&exclude=76&contenttype=vBForum_Post
        *edit* My excluded forum is forumid 76, change that to whatever you want to exclude.
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I will try that!

Thank you Ace for helping me :-)

Comment

Seems to work ok for "New posts" in the navbar! But i cant find the right place to edit for the "Todays posts" in the dropdown menu!

Comment

There's heaps of places in the navbar template where getnew and getdaily are mentioned, you have to get them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                There's heaps of places in the navbar template where getnew and getdaily are mentioned, you have to get them all.
                Yes, you were right, i forgot to edit one line! Everything is fine now!

Thanks again!

Comment

This has worked fine so far, but it dosnt seem to work for forum ID´s above 100, eg: &exclude=76,77,78,102,110

This is really strange? I could need some help on this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X