Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh?

Is there a way to fix the following errors? Am I missing a table or does a template need reverting?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Post Errors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3714602Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Reply.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	3714603

Looks to me like you are either missing a whole bunch of phrases or you have your text color set to the same color as your background color. You'll see to check your page source to see which is the issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for the reply. How would I go about restoring the phrases?

Comment

Probably need to reimport the language using tools.php? To be honest, I've never had to do this, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

This is how I was told to do it:

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.

Then run this in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Comment

Thanks for that, Kaisan!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              Thanks for that, Kaisan!
              Thank Steve. He was the one who told me how to do it :P.

Comment

Sorry, that didn't work either. =(

Comment

Originally posted by g0dfather View Post
                  Sorry, that didn't work either. =(
                  You might possibly be in the same boat as I am at the moment. Had you been editing any templates or changing anything to do with the database recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisan View Post
                    You might possibly be in the same boat as I am at the moment. Had you been editing any templates or changing anything to do with the database recently?
                    I just had the showthread or what ever table it may be added to the database as a mod had stripped it after uninstalling.

Comment

I just had the showthread or what ever table it may be added to the database as a mod had stripped it after uninstalling.
                      Okay well let's try giving this a go. Click Search in Templates in the AdminCP and search for "close_thread". If the SHOWTHREAD template doesn't appear as one of the results, you may need to restore a backup of the template or revert it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisan View Post
                        Okay well let's try giving this a go. Click Search in Templates in the AdminCP and search for "close_thread". If the SHOWTHREAD template doesn't appear as one of the results, you may need to restore a backup of the template or revert it.
                        Yeah, it ended up showing.

Comment

Yeah, it ended up showing.
                          I think that confirms it's a phrase problem then. I'm stuck with that at the moment too so I'm afraid I can't do anything more to help you.

Comment

You guys may need to put in a support ticket for help if tools.php isn't fixing the phrase issue.

Comment