Post order sometimes incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post order sometimes incorrect

I've tried searching for this but with no success - I was hoping that it was a simple error!

We're seeing some strange behaviour on our forum. Some posts have times in the future, which means that replies appear before that message.

I can't think of any reason why this is happening - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

vBulletin gets it's time from the server. So, the first thing to do is check the time on both your webserver and mysql server (if they are separate). If the time on each of those is the same, and correct, then the problem is most likely from a modification. So, you would want to disable your modifications and see if new posts get the correct time for now on.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne, I'll give that a go, although we haven't installed anything new lately. Do you think that sort of thing would only cause intermittent problems (that's what has thrown me with this error!)

Comment

Yes if the server time got off for some reason in the future it could cause issues untill the server catches up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X