Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Username

Hi

I have a question. I want to change my username. I am the admin at my site. If I go into admin CP and change my username will it hurt anything? Like mess up my admin settings?
    I dont want to break anything if i do it.

And i wasnt sure if I had to change anything on the things I uploaded by ftp for my vbulletin.

No you won't hurt anything and it can easily be changed by the method you described.
    The username is always tied to a specific id, example User: yourusername (id: 19)

If you get this error during the change:
    vBulletin Message

Sorry, this user is protected from being altered in the config.php file by the $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] variable.
    Then check the config.php file. This contains a line for "Undeleteable/Unalterable Users". If the account id you're trying to change is listed there, then you'd need to temporarily change it (delete that id from the line) - remembering to replace it AFTER the username edit.

Comment

TY so much

Comment

imo it is very poor policy to use the superadmin account as your everyday login.
        i recommend leaving that account as is and setting up a separate user account with limited admin powers.
        Into the Void

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X