Database error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error.

I have a database error. The only thing I changed was the configure.php in the forum folder through my FTPsmart. I did that by accident I mean't to change the upload folder->includes-> configure.php. After I did that I got a database error, tried uploading the configure file again in the "forum" folder, didn't work. This is just very upsetting. I can't download the latest VB and now I have a database error. I'm done with touching anything until I hear from one of you guys.

This is the message error I have for my database.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/content/b/o/n/bonesz28/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Sunday, January 24th 2010 @ 04:24:06 AM
    Error Date : Sunday, January 24th 2010 @ 04:24:06 AM
    Script : http://chicago-wolfpack.org/forum/install/upgrade.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 98.215.53.23
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

And now it just keeps saying... Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the chicago-wolfpack.org home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

The chicago-wolfpack.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Is there a way I can restore this? How do you fix this?

Thanks,
    David Scotkowski

Hi David -

Assuming you do not have a backup of your forums directory - you will have to get a copy of the config.php from your server onto your local machine.

Then, just go through and make sure all the settings are correct - the host for the database should be localhost, the userid and password for the database need to be correct - you can test that using phpmyadmin - check that your database has the same userid as you are putting in your config.

Then make sure the database name is the correct database name - and if you have a database prefix that must be in the config.php also.

The config.php simply holds all the data vbuletin needs to connect to your database - and the error message is telling you that your configuration settings are not correct -

Also - the config.php needs to be in your includes folder -

I live in Central Il and I go to Cordova to run my cars - would be cool to see your site up and running - let me know if I can help.

best regards -

mqqn

Comment

Thanks so much, you were dead on. I'm still having problems, but I think I can work through them. For some reason my config.php file on both were blank? It was as if all my info was erased. I'm starting fresh and downloading 3.8.4 again, uploading it through FTPsmart and from there I'll go into the php file and enter my database information.

That's pretty neat that you go to Cordova. Have you ever gone with the Midwest F-Body Association before? Maybe I'll see you down there one day. Yeah definitely checkout the site once I figure what the heck I'm doing over here haha.

Thanks once again for the help, much appreciated.

Originally posted by mqqn View Post
      Hi David -

Assuming you do not have a backup of your forums directory - you will have to get a copy of the config.php from your server onto your local machine.

Then, just go through and make sure all the settings are correct - the host for the database should be localhost, the userid and password for the database need to be correct - you can test that using phpmyadmin - check that your database has the same userid as you are putting in your config.

Then make sure the database name is the correct database name - and if you have a database prefix that must be in the config.php also.

The config.php simply holds all the data vbuletin needs to connect to your database - and the error message is telling you that your configuration settings are not correct -

Also - the config.php needs to be in your includes folder -

I live in Central Il and I go to Cordova to run my cars - would be cool to see your site up and running - let me know if I can help.

best regards -

mqqn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X