Deleted User and deleting posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted User and deleting posts.

I deleted a user and I also wanted to delete all of their posts, but I didn't it backwards. I deleted the user first and now I am not sure how I can delete the users posts? I know there probably isn't away to do it through vb admin anymore, but is there still a chance to do it through a mysql query in the database?

you can go into each of your forums and click on the square tick boxes for each thread they have started (this will delete the whole thread and any posts attached to it) one by one and then click on the moderation tools (under all the threads) and select delete thread and proceed.

For the posts made within the threads, you will need to go into each thread and do the same as above but for each post.

It may take some time depending on how many posts you need to delete

Comment

if you have lots of posts from the deleted user, what I would do is to creative a dummy user via the acp and merge the old user into the new user (acp>users>merge user) and then delete all the posts and PMs for the new dummy user and then delete the dummy user.

I haven't tried it, but I think it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by korny30 View Post
        I deleted a user and I also wanted to delete all of their posts, but I didn't it backwards. I deleted the user first and now I am not sure how I can delete the users posts? I know there probably isn't away to do it through vb admin anymore, but is there still a chance to do it through a mysql query in the database?
        I would use a SQL delete query. Let me know if you need help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by dspenc1 View Post
          I would use a SQL delete query. Let me know if you need help with that.
          what about threads started by the deleted user, wouldn't deleting the thread's starter posts cause a lot of Orphan Posts posts via SQL

Comment

Originally posted by doggiebs View Post
            what about threads started by the deleted user, wouldn't deleting the thread's starter posts cause a lot of Orphan Posts posts via SQL
            I was going to suggest that the OP back up the database first, delete any threads started by the user, then delete posts.

I would think that would take care of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dspenc1 View Post
              I was going to suggest that the OP back up the database first, delete any threads started by the user, then delete posts.

I would think that would take care of the issue.
              yeah that would work.

Comment

Well the deleted user's posts are now concidered guest posts. I can still delete them? I need to look at that.

Comment