Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Quote pop-up.. help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snickersma
    replied
    Actually.. thinking on it some more... i reckon the guy who set up the marquee BBCODE probably linked to an image hosted on another site for the "button" to push for marquee. It was probably this that was calling for authentication due to changes at the image-hosting-end.

Thanks heaps for your help and support. It's resolved it for us.

/problem

/thread!

Leave a comment:

• Snickersma
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesC70 View Post
    AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

Set Full Editor, Quick Reply, and Quick Edit to Enable Standard Controls (turning off the WYSIWYG editor).

Does this change anything?

If not, then check your forum's configuration. If you've recently moved hosts, maybe your new host copied a config from another client and forgot to change something.

If this does fix the problem, then check your addons and any custom coding involving the WYSIWYG editor. I see a YouTube button that's not stock vBulletin, there might be something in that that's trying to pull from the other website.
    Hi James,

Thanks so much for this response.

Firstly, I have followed your instruction to change the Message Posting Interface Options to all be "Standard Controls". Unfortunately this has not changed anything.

I am not sure what forum configuration to check... however can provide this background:

1. ausforces.com has been on this host for nearly a year. (i.e. has not been moved. No new add-on's have been added etc).
    2. the YouTube button and other addon's have been implemented for the same amount of time.
    3. this "login prompt" to another website has only been occurring for the past 3-5 days.

I've took the action of removing each additional BBCODE addon we had added.. and this seems to have resolved the issue.

The offending BBCODE was this:

Code:
    [M]Scrolling Message![/M]
    Code:
    <marquee scrollamount=3 onmouseover="this.setAttribute('scrollamount', 0, 0);" onmouseout="this.setAttribute('scrollamount', 3, 0);">Scrolling Message!</marquee>
    Which simply does not make sense to me. I don't understand how this was causing this pop up to authenticate to a different site?

Leave a comment:

• JamesC70
    replied
    AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

Set Full Editor, Quick Reply, and Quick Edit to Enable Standard Controls (turning off the WYSIWYG editor).

Does this change anything?

If not, then check your forum's configuration. If you've recently moved hosts, maybe your new host copied a config from another client and forgot to change something.

If this does fix the problem, then check your addons and any custom coding involving the WYSIWYG editor. I see a YouTube button that's not stock vBulletin, there might be something in that that's trying to pull from the other website.

Leave a comment:

• Snickersma
    started a topic Problem with Quote pop-up.. help please!

Problem with Quote pop-up.. help please!

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but co-administer a gaming forum www.ausforces.com - we use Vbull 3.8.4 - which to date has been fantastic.

A few days ago we started getting the following pop-up whenever users (but not ALL users) hit "quote" for their new posts.

We have sent an email to the site - stating that it might be a phishing attack .. but we are unclear how to get rid of it.

Attached is a screenshot - any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Snickersma
    www.ausforces.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Snickersma; Mon 11 Jan '10, 2:15pm.