Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to limit post publishing to users with more than x posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    In your case regarding the user hitting 500, the promotions task needs to run after that user hits that number and the promotion will then move the user to the appropriate group you have set up in the Promotions. You may run the Promotions Task manually, but normally it runs once an hour.

Leave a comment:

• Kirkus
    replied
    I just discovered that if I add a member to this new group under Primary, that's when I'm not allowed to access even the forum's front page. But if I leave their primary group as "Registered" and add them to this new group as a Secondary, it all works fine.

So I wonder what I'm doing wrong if I want to make this their Primary group?

Leave a comment:

• Kirkus
    replied
    This is going to sound cryptic. I hope I can describe it properly.

I went through the steps described above, and in several other threads here, in order to keep a specific forum invisible until a post count of 500 was reached. To test it, I created another member and gave him 499 posts. When logging on as this new member, the forum was indeed invisible. I changed his post count to 500 to see if the forum became visible. But when I tried to log in this time, I received the error stating that I didn't have the required permissions to view the forum. I couldn't even access the top level forum page.

Can someone point me in the right direction? What did I do wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Mapo
    replied
    solved, I see that is something common to all usergroups that you can keep or not during the creation of the new usergroup

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    Thats very slick... great thinking there Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Their usertitles? That is set in the usergroup manager. It doesn't have to change, it is up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mapo
    replied
    What will happen once created the usergroup? Will the member titles change or not? I mean those titles based on the number of posts, do they depend on the registered user usergroup and will dissapear once a user becomes part of this new usergroup?

Leave a comment:

• Mapo
    replied
    Thank you very much, Lynne.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Go to Usergroup Manager > Add New Usergroup
    Create Usergroup Based On - Registered Usergroup > Go
    Give it a new name - Over 10 Posts
    Create Permissions Based off of Usergroup > Registered Usergroup
    Save

Now make a Promotion (Usergroups > Promotions)
    Add New
    Usergroup - Registered Users
    Posts - 10
    Promotion Strategy - Posts
    Type - Primary
    Move to - Over 10 Posts
    Save

Now go to the Forum Manager > find the forum > edit Registered Usergroup > remove permission to view the forum or threads

Leave a comment:

• How to limit post publishing to users with more than x posts?

Hello,
    How can I limit posting in a forum so that only users with more than x posts and x days from registering can publish posts?
    Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X