X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you having issues with this?
    Have you cleared your cookies and restarted your browser/computer?
    What are your cookie settings?
    What is your cookie prefix?
    What is the url to your forum?
    Does it work/not work in other browsers?
    What browser are you using?

I need that information to begin to troubleshoot any related to cookies. Please either start your own threads or tickets and refrence this post.

Leave a comment:

• diecastfast
    replied
    I started having this problem with 3.8 and it followed me to vB 4. In fact, mine is even worse: When you log in, you're taken to FORUMHOME where it shows the login section blank again, but if you click on the logo and reload the page, you're logged in. This is on both:

http://www.myls1.com (vB 4)
    http://www.awdforums.com (vB 3.8.x)

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you having issues with this?
    Have you cleared your cookies and restarted your browser/computer?
    What are your cookie settings?
    What is your cookie prefix?
    What is the url to your forum?
    Does it work/not work in other browsers?
    What browser are you using?

I need that information to begin to troubleshoot any related to cookies. Please either start your own threads or tickets and refrence this post.

Leave a comment:

• barnest2
    replied
    I've also been having this issue with numerous users (at least two dozen) ever since I upgraded to PL2. I've also changed my timeout from 900 to 9000 but still have users complaining. I've asked them to delete their cookies, clear cache, reboot, etc. but the "Remember Me" function still isn't working. I'm at a loss about what to do at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    People having cookie issues, generally if only some of your users are having it, it means its not actually an issue. It may have been caused by the upgrade changing salts and invalidating old cookies.

Leave a comment:

• Gunsite
    replied
    Originally posted by jimjam View Post
    Hi Gunsite, check in your session timeout maybe it is set to kick out after 15min. VBOtions>Cookies and HTTP Header Options> session timeout
    If yours is set to 900 seconds that is your problem, I have mine set to 2000, it makes the forum look busier too :-)
    Thanks jimjam, I did that initially, but it doesn't really solve the problem, it just masks it.

I recently upgraded to VB and have been apologising to my members daily ever since.

I find it rather amazing that certain things just don't work correctly, like the password reset screen opens up blank, or users don't get the password reset email, although they get all others??? VB just fobs me off, and I get the usual, 'it's a server issue'. I'm not quite sure how the sending of emails from a single function within VB and that multiple members complaining about getting logged out, even after clearing cookies is my problem.

And lets not mention VB 4, how many upgrades already . . . after gold?

Sorry, a bit of topic.

Leave a comment:

• ChopSuey
    replied
    Hi Gunsite, check in your session timeout maybe it is set to kick out after 15min. VBOtions>Cookies and HTTP Header Options> session timeout
    If yours is set to 900 seconds that is your problem, I have mine set to 2000, it makes the forum look busier too :-)
    Sweet idea lol.....just did that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jimjam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gunsite
    replied
    I'm running 3.8.4 PL2 and my users are being logged out after 15 minutes or so, not all just some. We're cleared cookies, ticked remember me done all that, but nothing helps, any ideas? I'm running vBSEO's sitemap, and a few mods.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    We ended up solving the problem on our site by reducing the number of cookies we're using. Between vBulletin, VBSEO, Google Analytics, advertisers, etc we were generating more cookies for our domain than most browsers would allow, thus causing random cookie drops. The only continuing problem is that the vbulletin_inlinepm cookie (which doesn't follow the cookie prefix?) can easily get too big that IE8 won't accept it, thus dropping cookies. For now, we're simply nulling that cookie.

It'd also be nice if some of the vBulletin cookies could be combined into one (using subcookies)... I'm not sure why we need a separate cookie for userid, userpassword, styleid, sessionhash, lastvisit, lastactivity, etc. (I suspect some cookie separation may be required to prevent cross site issues.)

Hopefully vBulletin and others find this helpful.

Leave a comment:

• KyleRev6
    replied
    Kevin, try to replicate the issue using a website that has a subdomain other than www like forum[dot]example[dot]com
    The issue basically make it impossible to login, it ask you to login every single time.

Clearing cookies doesn't do anything.
    If you login successfully after clearing the cookies, you are login for 1 page, as soon as you switch page, you get logout right away.

I had to remove my subdomain and make it /forum as a subdirectory to solve the issue
    It seem that the cookies doesn't work on subdomain.

Issues experienced:
    Clear cookies
    Login with remember me checked
    Result: ask to login again
    Login without remember checked
    Result: ask to login again
    Clear cookies
    Login without remember checked [right after clearing cookies]
    Result: Successfully login
    Visit another page on the forum
    Result: you aren't login anymore

This was the issue that we had, and we were 3 developers trying to solve the issue.
    After wasting 3 hours looking around and trying different browser and way to solve the issue, we decided to upgrade to version 4 gold
    Than I had the idea to remove the subdomain and by removing it, there is no more issues.

Kyle

Please note that the cookies are setup to be [dot]domainname[dot]com
    from: Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain
    It was working fine before the update and issue only started with the update.
    Last edited by KyleRev6; Mon 4 Jan '10, 5:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    Originally posted by Muddles View Post
    I'm having this problem on my forum too, basic 3.8.4PL2. I dont use vBseo

Even I have to log in each time I go to my forum, and I'm the founder.

All my members have emptied their cookies and cache and closed the browser reopened it and logged in, then when they go away from the site and come back they have to log in again.

Also have another problem since adding PL2 but will search the forum to see if anyone else has it and if not post a new thread.

It's regarding some members posts now needing validating before posting.
    I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself which makes it extremely difficult to fix. I reported my findings here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1888529, but the summary is that changing the salt causes the "remember" to not work when the session times out, but logging in again works just fine every time I've tried it. This included creating an account on jimjam's forum and trying it there. I haven't seen anything that explains the reported behavior.

Since you seem to be able to reliable reproduce, can you do something for me?

1) Clear cookies
    2) Log in
    3) Record the following information and send to me in a PM
    a) Your password
    b) The COOKIE_SALT value from functions.php
    c) The contents of the bbpassword cookie (replace bb with your cookie prefix if you've changed it)
    4) Delete the bbsessionhash cookie (or wait for session to time out)
    5) See if this logs you out
    6) If it does, log in again and record the value of the bbpassword cookie a second time

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
    I have advised them to clear all browsing history, and to restart their computers.
    So you panicked. The best cover-up is to tell them to reinstall their operating systems, clean out their fridges and divorce their spouses. That will keep them busy for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Muddles
    replied
    I'm having this problem on my forum too, basic 3.8.4PL2. I dont use vBseo

Even I have to log in each time I go to my forum, and I'm the founder.

All my members have emptied their cookies and cache and closed the browser reopened it and logged in, then when they go away from the site and come back they have to log in again.

Also have another problem since adding PL2 but will search the forum to see if anyone else has it and if not post a new thread.

It's regarding some members posts now needing validating before posting.

Leave a comment:

• matrex_722
    replied
    Thanks, I'll take a look at doing this.
    waiting for results

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X