Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downgrading from 4.0 To 3.84 (database dump problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading from 4.0 To 3.84 (database dump problems)

Hello, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this, if so I'm sure a moderator will move it to the appropriate section. I submitted a support ticket but vbulletin is experience a large volume of tickets which isn't surprising with a new version released recently. Yesterday I upgraded to the beta version of 4.0. After doing so I decided I wanted to downgrade back to 3.8. I've been attempting to do a mysql dump however each time I'm getting an error message. I SSH into my server and do the following that was told to me by my VPS provider:

mysqldump database_name < /root/database_name.sql

After I replace what I need to replace in that command, I receive the following error message:

Got error: 144: Table './bleedani_nationofhiphop/customavatar' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed when using LOCK Tables

I re-uploaded the customavatar files several times to no avail

Can anyone assist me with this matter? It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm relatively sure you can't downgrade your database. I could be wrong. Best thing to do may be to just restore your 3.8.4 database to a set of 3.8.4 file structure.
    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

I'm gonna hope that you took a backup of the database before upgrading.... If that is the case, then restore that database to the server and upload the 3.8.4 files to the directory that you have vB in and it should work fine - that's assuming you didn't have any posts made since yesterday. xD

Comment

Thanks for the replies you two! I did do a database backup prior to upgrading to 4.0. I uploaded my database file to my server. I then uploaded the files from version 3.8.4, however I'm still getting that message. The name of my database in the config file is bleedani_nationofhiphop. The root for my files is: /home/bleedani/public_html/nationofhiphop & my back up database name is bleedani_nationofhiphopthisone.sql.gz

Am I correct in doing the dump as follows?: mysqldump bleedani_nationofhiphop < /home/bleedani/public_html/nationofhiphop
        /bleedani_nationofhiphopthisone.sql.gz

Comment

Just upload the 3.8.4 files to your server and then point config.php to your backup of your 3.8.4 database and you should be fine.
          s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

A mysqldump extracts your database to a file. The reverse of that looks like this...
            Code:
            mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME < DUMPDATAFILE.sql
            Lats...

Comment

Hello Lats, thanks for the reply. I tried those commands and it gave me this message: Unknown option '-1'

Would anyone be willing to assist me with this if I provided them with my server information via PM? At this point I'm rather desperate for help as I can't seem to fix this problem.

Comment

Hello Lats, thanks for the reply. I tried those commands and it gave me this message: Unknown option '-1'

Would anyone be willing to assist me with this if I provided them with my server information via PM? At this point I'm rather desperate for help as I can't seem to fix this problem.
                I'm gonna be no use whatsoever to ya on this front. :P

It might be worth opening a support ticket, i suppose - do you have access to do so?

Comment

Hello icarusforde, Yes I opened up a vbulletin support ticket but have not yet received a reply. It's been over 9 hours :/

Comment

I missed the tarred up datafile, oops. Try this...
                    Code:
                    gunzip bleedani_nationofhiphopthisone.sql.gz
                    That should leave you with the standard .sql file.
                    Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis834 View Post
                      You could try to go through cPanel, phpMyAdmin. First, you create empty database (to maybe restore damaged one later). Then, using phpMyAdmin select new empty database. Import file from your computer (that should restore your backup database). Upload files from your computer, change config.php to point to new database and user (oh yes, you need to create and add user to new database) and that should be it.

Comment

FWIW, your dump syntax is wrong. It should be something like:

mysqldump -u <username> -p <dbname> > <dir you want dbfile>.sql

You can then GZip it by issuing a:

gzip <dbfile.sql>

In the original dump, you notice the > sign. You have < in yours which is trying to restore the backup (< puts it back in, > dumps it out to a file). Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies. I had already done a database backup prior to the upgrade. I don't need to do another backup so my use of mysqldump terminology might be incorrect. Basically I have a backed up database that I want to restore. I've been in contact with my VPS provider again, they told me the following: Try repairing the database via your script backend

I wasn't sure how to go about doing that so I asked them how I would do this and they told me to install phpmyadmin. They gave me this link:
                          http://securesignup.net/vps-videos/i...-vps/index.htm

I tried going by those instructions but I must be the worst SSH user of all time because nothing I do with SSH seems to work.

Comment

but I must be the worst SSH user of all time because nothing I do with SSH seems to work.
                            You're not quite there. At least you know what SSH is - my other admin doesnt even know what it stands for/does/is/why we need it. :P

(That being said, i'm not exactly fabulous with it myself...)

Comment

Back again, you all are probably sick of me at this point. I tried this (I believe what supergper was suggesting):

mysql -u bleedani_hiphop -p bleedani_nationofhiphop < /root/bleedani_nationofhiphopthisone.sql.gz

Then it asked me for my password, I entered it. Then I received this error message:

ERROR 1064 (42000)at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X