Changing status icons from GIF to PNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing status icons from GIF to PNG

Where is the setting to change the filenames of the item status icons? I see under StyleVars in the admin control panel where I can change the folder they're located in, but I don't want to use GIFs. Instead, I want to use PNG.

Ok, i'll assume that you have made the gifs into PNG's via a image editor program... upload them via FTP to the current directory that they are stored in, and just go through your templates and edit the .gif to .png (case sensitive remember). That's the only way i know how to do it sorry - it may have some shortcut way, but not AFAIK.

Comment

Ok, well I did that. I found forum_new.gif and forum_old.gif in two templates: FORUMHOME and FORUMDISPLAY. So I changed them to forum_new.png and forum_old.png in both templates. When I reload the page, they're correct in the forum legend at the bottom of the display. However, on the forum list itself it is still pointing to forum_old.gif and forum_new.gif. I tried searching templates for instances of forum_new.gif and forum_old.gif again, but I get no results.

I tried clearing cache/cookies on my browser and even attempted loading the page from a different computer. The forum list still references the gifs. Why is that?

Comment

I have also been searching for a way to do this. I know its is possible as I have seen it done on several sites so far.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X