Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Option Titles Appear as Blank (Screenshots inside to explain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Option Titles Appear as Blank (Screenshots inside to explain)

Okay this is a weird problem that seems to have appeared overnight. I added a new profile field on my forums last night and it worked fine. The thing is, the title doesn't appear anywhere. Not on peoples profiles or the admin panel (first screenshot, bottom field). I then added a new infraction today and the same thing happened. The infraction is there but the title appears as blank in the admin panel (second screenshot, blank space).

I'm using version 3.8.4. Does anybody know what could be causing this. I really need to fix it as I'm expecting a lot of activity over the next few weeks.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

I've been looking into it further and it seems that these both relate through the language table. A few weeks ago my database died and I had to replace the language table with an 24 hour old backup I had. That fixed it but could it have caused this problem? If so, is there any way to fix it?

Comment

Having the exact same problem..any thoughts?

Comment

Possilbly. If you feel comfortable with it, have a look in the database itself and see what's actually held in there for those missing fields. If they're blank, you could add the name in.

alternative is to delete them and recreate them from scratch however you will need to update the references to the Profile field throughout your templates
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
          Possilbly. If you feel comfortable with it, have a look in the database itself and see what's actually held in there for those missing fields. If they're blank, you could add the name in.

alternative is to delete them and recreate them from scratch however you will need to update the references to the Profile field throughout your templates
          I've just looked inside the language table and I can see all of the infractions. The only one missing is the one I'm having problems with. It looks a lot more complicated than I hoped to just add to. Thanks but do you have any other ideas?

Comment

Create a new one and delete the erroneous one would be the easiest.
            Vote for:

-

Comment

Same problem for me ! Someone has fix the bug ?

Comment

There may not have been a bug with the original user's problem as they'd had a database issue previously.

Which field(s) are missing - the same or different?
                Vote for:

-

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                  Create a new one and delete the erroneous one would be the easiest.
                  I've tried that. No new infractions or profile fields can be added. I've also found out that this bug which I posted a few weeks ago still isn't fixed.

I think I have a major problem with my language table and I have no idea what to do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X