Vbulletin suddenly throwing mysql errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin suddenly throwing mysql errors

I'm running vbulletin 3.83 and recently moved one of my sites to a shared server. It has been working fine there for about 3 weeks. Then suddenly about 30 minutes ago it started sending me emails with lots and lots of mysql errors. The messages I'm receiving are:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) /home/mydomain/public_html/vbulletindomain.com/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error   : 
    Error Number  : 
    Request Date  : Tuesday, December 8th 2009 @ 04:21:37 PM
    Error Date    : Tuesday, December 8th 2009 @ 04:21:37 PM
    Script        : http://www.vbulletindomain.com/pp-514/showphoto.php/photo/161/size/big
    Referrer      : 
    IP Address    : 76.249.67.27
    Username      : 
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    That "http://www.vbulletindomain.com/pp-514/showphoto.php/photo/161/size/big" is acutally a URL inside of photopost's part of the site.; but the error is coming from vbulletin itself. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this and HOW to work around it since I can't even login as the admin while these errors are happening?

Thanks!

"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)"

This error is a problem with your vB installation connecting to the database as the connection to it is down.

If this continues to happen you will need to speak to your host about it as it's not a vBulletin issue
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X