Please help!! Need my admin account asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!! Need my admin account asap

I posted a thread a week ago and no one could give me exact instructions on this issue and I still dont have my admin account back

About a week ago I accidentally deleted my admin account and now I have made a new account but I cant get it to super administrator status. In fact, I cant get it to any mod/admin status, please tell me how to do this (with clear instructions because Im a beginner at this stil)

How did you try to give it Admin status? Using tools.php or another method?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

well i added my new profile's user # next to super administator in the ftp panel but that didnt work

Comment

Upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder, then access that, put your userid in to the 'make super admin' box. Should do the trick

Comment

You need to do as Trevster was suggesting and upload the tools.php file found in your do_not_upload folder to your admincp folder. Then point your browser to the page and promote your user to admin status. Then delete the tools.php file from the folder.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

i dont understand and dont think i will

if one of you would do it for me id greatly appreciate it. (pm me and ill give u the log in detals)

Comment

It's simple really:

- upload the tools.php file to your admincp directory on your server
              - navigate to http://www.yoursite.com/admincp/tools.php
              - enter your customer number and enter the Tools System
              - click 'Reset Admin Access'
              - enter your username and press 'Submit'
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

If the correct account ID number was in the unchangeable/undeletable section of the config file, then how on earth did you manage to delete that account?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X