RSS poster bot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS poster bot

Why hasn't my rss poster bot been polling?

I know there is some sort of inactivity threshold, but I've manually clicked into many forums with rss feeds and it won't pull.

Nor will manually doing so by RSS Feeds -> RSS Feed Manager -> Run Scheduled Task Now (with all checked).

All I see is "RSS Poster Robot" , but no longer do I see the growing list of activity underneath.

Have you verified that the issue isn't on *their* side? (Can you still read the rss feed you input?) Are any of your scheduled tasks running? (Check the next run time for them.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Have you verified that the issue isn't on *their* side? (Can you still read the rss feed you input?) Are any of your scheduled tasks running? (Check the next run time for them.)
      Hi Lynne, Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are screenshots of my troubles:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-07 at 1.49.15 PM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	3676236Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-07 at 1.46.57 PM.png
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	3676237Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-07 at 1.47.15 PM.png
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	3676238Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-07 at 1.51.37 PM.png
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	3676239

Comment

Problem resolved. Thanks for your help Lynne.

Problem reappeared, see below
        Last edited by pcam; Sun 20th Dec '09, 7:21pm.

Comment

How did you resolve the issue, if you don't mind my asking.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I reverted to an older backup and although I had RSS working agian, it no longer works.

I get the following error:

RSS Poster Robot

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /var/www/vhosts/irc-forums.com/httpdocs/includes/cron/rssposter.php on line 354

Comment

And what is on line 354 of your rssposter.php file?

Comment

Should be standard.

$itemdata->set('enddate', (TIMENOW + (86400 * ($feed['endannouncement'] > 0 ? $feed['endannouncement'] : 7))));

I don't believe that this file has been altered in any way. Attached is the complete file. It is 18 kb
                Attached Files

Comment

Actually, yours is modified and the modifying you did has to do with the date. So, I'd go download a new copy and upload a totally default file and see if the problem is still there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X