X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by prisoner 24601 View Post
    Thank you. FWIW, it's under "Message Posting and Editing Options", not "Message Posting Interface".
    lol - *I* knew what I meant! And a good thing you did too.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• prisoner 24601
    replied
    Thank you. FWIW, it's under "Message Posting and Editing Options", not "Message Posting Interface".

> However, you still aren't understanding me when I say it has nothing to do with whether someone posts afterwards or not.
    Yes, yes I am. It's just that I'm not worried about that part .

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Ah, so all you are asking about is the time limit on that saying.... vboptions > message posting interface > Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...'

However, you still aren't understanding me when I say it has nothing to do with whether someone posts afterwards or not. Someone posting after your post has no effect on whether you can still edit your post or whether that Last Edited by note gets put there.

Leave a comment:

• prisoner 24601
    replied
    Thanks, Lynne, but I don't think you quite got what I'm asking. Please bear with me and I'll talk through the steps:

1. Post something in a new thread. Save it.
    2. Click the edit button.
    3. Edit your post.
    4. Save the post.
    5. Look at the post.

In the lower left of the post it will probably not say anything.

Now wait for 5 minutes -- and hope no one else has posted to that thread. Do steps 2-5 that I detailed above. Chances are very good that it will now say, in the lower left, "Last edited by Lynne; Today at 10:25".

I want to change that "5 minute" time, if possible. I want people to still be able to edit stuff, I just don't want the "Last edited by" thing to pop up until, say, 15 minutes or until someone else posts in that thread.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There is no option to be able to edit for x minute or until someone else posts a reply. You can set the edit time limit in vboptions > message posting options > Time Limit on Editing of Posts, but you can set something to say or until someone else posts a reply.

Leave a comment:

• prisoner 24601
    started a topic Last Edited By "Timeout"

Last Edited By "Timeout"

vBulletin 3.8.4 PL1, btb.

I had an interesting request from a user at my forum.

After you post something, you can press the EDIT button for about five minutes -- or until someone else posts a reply to you -- and the edited post won't say "Last edited by".

Is the way to adjust that "time out" setting, say, to "15 minutes or if someone posts a reply, whichever comes first"?

I searched and only found how to turn OFF vBulletin from printing "Last edited by". I don't want to do that.

Thanks in advance!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X