Quick question!! My subforums are getting redirected!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david01130
    • Nov 2009

Quick question!! My subforums are getting redirected!

So I have a a couple forums with the same title for the subforum. Lets say: "Forum1", "Forum2", and "Forum3" all have the same "Subforum1". When I click on the "Subforum1" under "Forum2" It will redirect me to the Subforum1 under Forum1. This is because it goes to the website www.mysite.com/subforum1 rather than www.mysite.com/forum2/subforum1. Is there anyway to make the url setup like that so I can keep the same name to all the subforums? My website is ponyforums.com
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

This is a vBSEO configuration issue, you need to ask for help with this at vBSEO's place.

However: You choose to generate URLs in the format domain.com/forum and domain.com/subforum, not domain.com/forum/subforum. Also, you're not showing the forumid in the URL. So regarding the URL, all your subforums that have the same name are essentially the same, and vBSEO shows you the first one that fits the URL. You need a distinct URL for every subforum. To achieve that, either use domain.com/forum/subforum URL format, use distinct subforum names, or show the forumid in the URL (the last option being the wise thing to do, IMHO).

Comment

• david01130
      • Nov 2009

How do you show the forumid in the URL? Or how do you use domain.com/forum/subforum URL format?

Thanks!

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

You need to ask that at vBSEO's place. That's not a vB issue, but a vBSEO issue.

Comment