Moving from hostgator to dreamhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from hostgator to dreamhost

I want to move my vbulletin forum from hostgator to my dreamhost hosting account. I see there is an official manual on vb to go about doing this but I find it very confusing as I have never messed around with ssh/telnet.

I am wondering if there is an easier way to go about doing this? Even if it takes a while, I am open to options or a better explaination to the manual.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by kruzzen; Mon 23rd Nov '09, 1:13pm.

Originally posted by kruzzen View Post
    I want to move my vbulletin forum from hostgator to my dreamhost hosting account. I see there is an official manual on vb to go about doing this but I find it very confusing as I have never messed around with ssh/telnet.

I am wondering if there is an easier way to go about doing this? Even if it takes a while, I am open to options or a better explaination to the manual.

Thank you in advance
    The way it says in the manual is the way to do it. If there was a better way, it's be in there.

Have you asked your hosts if they will do it for you? Many will, sometimes for a small fee.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I will see about that. Is there something out there than explains ssh/telnet better for a newbie?

Comment

Originally posted by kruzzen View Post
        I will see about that. Is there something out there than explains ssh/telnet better for a newbie?
        This is a good guide to using Putty.

http://www.gamexe.net/other/beginner-guide-ssh/
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you Mark.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X