Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Without a little more information it'll be hard to give you specifics, but likely causes are:

Users have not returned since the posts were approved. The cron that runs only moves users who have been online since the last time it was run (for preformance reasons).
    Your crons are stuck and are not updating at all. You can check this in the scheduled task manager and seeing if the crons are stuck in the past, if they are edit and save each one.
    You do not have enough activity to be trigering the cron task to be running.
    As Trevster said, you're code might be missing from the footer template.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If cron jobs are nto running then it's down to a problem with the footer template you're using or a server issue.

Leave a comment:

• gazzak
    replied
    I believe the counter data is updated once per day only, not hourly but this may have changed since I set mine up. Strangely I have also had issues recently with forum entry on post count not working as it should.

Leave a comment:

• NetRover
    replied
    Originally posted by voiponline View Post
    I have set up to promote users to another usergroup after they have made 2 post. I'm just trying to moderate the spammers. I was reading on here that they are updated every hour. I have a couple of questions. If a user comes on and makes 4 post before I get a chance to moderate them, will they be promoted and their post shown before I get a chance to look at them? and also Is there a way to update multiple users manually? I know I can go to a single user and change their usergroup, but what's ran every hour to update them?

I have run a test on my website and made three post, waited an hour and they are still in the same usergroup and the post aren't shown. Which I like, but is it 2 moderated post and not just 2 post?
    Hi there, I don't have the answers for you but I have been trying to do something similar and restrict certain forums by post count and was using promotions.

I find mine never run away.

I always have to go into admin and then scheduled tasks and run the promotions from there.

It has never worked automated for me.

Leave a comment:

• voiponline
    started a topic Promotions

Promotions

I have set up to promote users to another usergroup after they have made 2 post. I'm just trying to moderate the spammers. I was reading on here that they are updated every hour. I have a couple of questions. If a user comes on and makes 4 post before I get a chance to moderate them, will they be promoted and their post shown before I get a chance to look at them? and also Is there a way to update multiple users manually? I know I can go to a single user and change their usergroup, but what's ran every hour to update them?

I have run a test on my website and made three post, waited an hour and they are still in the same usergroup and the post aren't shown. Which I like, but is it 2 moderated post and not just 2 post?
    Last edited by voiponline; Thu 19 Nov '09, 8:48am.