Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Notification Email When a PM is Received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Notification Email When a PM is Received?

One of my sites running 3.8.4 does not appear to be sending email out when a PM is received. I've tested it on two different usernames, both with "Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received" set to yes and each of the accounts are under two different usergroups. Neither email address (one at yahoo.com and one at gmail.com) are receiving an email at all, not even in spam. I checked the mail queue on the server and do not see any emails still in queue.

Using Send Email to Users works fine. Using the Diagnostics > Email under Maintenance also works fine. I have ran Suspect File Versions as well and I see absolutely nothing suspicious.

Is there anything that I may have missed? I'm really not sure how long this has been a problem, but now that I'm aware of it, I would like to get it fixed if at all possible.

Thanks
    It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    --General Douglas MacArthur

Yahoo can be particularly troublesome and I'm sure there's been a number of threads started about mail not getting through to those accounts.

Have you tried it with another non-free supplier email account (e.g. one from your own domain)?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I can try to do that as well. The thing is, those same two email accounts will receive email from the Send Email to Users and Diagnostics > Email under Maintenance. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it, but I can definitely try and see what happens.

Thanks

Comment

Still no luck with that either. :\

Comment

Originally posted by Shon View Post
          Still no luck with that either. :\
          Where from i can find option to send a PM to user when he receives a private message?

Comment

Originally posted by GameFrame View Post
            Where from i can find option to send a PM to user when he receives a private message?
            admin control panel >>> vbulletin options >>> user registration options, then scroll down the page to 'default registration options' and tick the box

(I'm assuming that was a typo and you meant email)
            Midlands Heritage Forum

Comment

Thank you for fast reply. I have now ticked that option. I try remember to tell whether it worked or not.

PS. This v4.0 of vB looks really good

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X