Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted Kontera yesterday; they replied with this:

Hi Greg,

We are aware of the issue and should have an ETA on a fix soon. Please know that we are working on it and will resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

Comment

I'm sorry you feel this is "unfair", Steve. But the fact is, quite a few of your paying customers had a major problem (the seriousness of which can only be assessed by the customer, btw), and the attitude of the staff was Hey, its an external problem. Despite the fact that other people had a similar problem, instead of vB raising the "alert level" and helping out, people were told to "start their own thread". Yet it was exactly those other people who ended up solving the problem - not the vB staff.

So while you're absolutely 100% correct that its an external problem, the fact is, your customers were in trouble, and the vB staff effectively washed their hands of it.

if I ever did that to my customers, I'd lose a lot of them. 99% of the things I'm accused of are also "external" factors. But I feel obligated to help them through it regardless since if I *don't* help them, they leave and go to another site where they perceive better service.

The customer isn't always right, but they're still the customer and should be treated that way.

Comment

Sorry Gary but I have to disagree.

Right now you can see the public side of what they're trying to support and it's, to put not too fine a point on it - manic. One day's threads are covering between 8 and 12 pages at times AND they have the support ticket system (and testing of vb4 too). As another who worked in a small and very busy support team, you deal with your own software's issues first and, if you have time, then deal with externals. Support staff here, when they have the knowledge of an external issue, have given support when they can in the past (I know - I've had that support) but they're top priority is vB software and any issues IT is causing.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Fischman View Post
          But the fact is, quite a few of your paying customers had a major problem (.
          As this was caused by an outside plugin/add on, why are you even expecting any support from vBulletin? You need to be taking your complaints elsewhere.

Comment

OMG, this was a HUGE Issue on our site here. I had torn apart my DB and really tried to look at the problem. I ended up being an authentication issue....then I ran across this thread THANK GOD I actually read it completely.

Damn Kontera.
            Makeup Cosmetics Beauty Forums
            1.5 million posts!

Comment

I had the same problem... although it wasn't all users. I'm so thankful I found this thread before I started ripping things apart. I was thinking it was because I just upgraded PHP and MySQL to start testing 4.0... was ready to roll them back.
              Mikey
              PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

@ Gary: Anyone who runs a modded board in any fashion should have already realized that VB does NOT officially support modded forums. Your reply above is out of line as the VB staff did exactly what they should have done in the first place. If this was a major "VB" issue, more people would have reported in mass. If something goes wrong with a board you've modded from the original setup, you should be prepared to rule out YOUR modifications prior to blaming the core software or the staff for 'blowing you off'.

I had never even heard of Kontera until this thread.
                To be updated...

Comment

Thanks for the fix guys

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
                  Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Fischman View Post
                    I'm sorry you feel this is "unfair", Steve. But the fact is, quite a few of your paying customers had a major problem (the seriousness of which can only be assessed by the customer, btw), and the attitude of the staff was Hey, its an external problem. .
                    Uh, it WAS an external problem. That's the point.

I don't know how we were suppose to immediately know that Konteras was causing this issue when I never even heard of that before. Regardless as soon as we found out the cause we posted stickies for everyone's benefit. Honestly we did nothing wrong here.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Kontera just got back to me...

Hi Greg,

We have resolved the Vbulletin issue so please feel free to put our tags back up in those sections. The only thing that may take a day or two more to work normally is if any new users signed up while our code was still on your sites during this issue. They may not yet be able to log in. However, within the next day or two, these new users should find their log-ins working if they aren't already. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Comment

That is kind of alarming. How in the world could they be conflicting with specific users? I use Kontera and removed their tags when the problem was reported here, but I assumed it was just some blanket conflict. I don't understand how they could be affecting some and not all users.
                        Mikey
                        PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment