modifying showthread template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modifying showthread template

I am trying to add a 200 pixels left hand column to showthread in order to display ads on my site

I add the <table><td width=200>test</td>
    <td width="*">

then the rest of the showthread template up until

</td></tr></table>
    $footer

my problem is that no matter how small or wdie I make the left hand column the thread display gets pushed out of my borders to the right. I have my forum set at a fixed width of 1000 pixels.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

I can't tell what you actually did since you didn't really post the code clearly. However, I do see that you wrote this - <table><td width=200>test</td> - and that is incorrect. You have to put <td> tags inside <tr> tags. You may want to google "html table" to find a clear explanation on this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I am having the same problem and detail it here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227727

I want a navbar and footer set to 1024 pixels wide. I want a right hand sidebar that is 220px wide. And then I want all of the main forums content to be 760px wide. I am able to accomplish this pretty easily for the forumhome and forumdisplay template, but the showthread template seems to have something special going on.

The problem I am having is that most of the showthread template will will follow css rules if I wrap all of the main content in a div set to 760px. However, the posts themselves remain at the width defined in the "Main Table Width" setting. For my site that is 1024.

I want the posts to be 760 wide as well so they don't end up overlapping my sidebar.

So what is controlling the post or thread width and how do I change it? Is it a variable or css?
      Any help really appreciated. This feature looks under documented.

-Doob

Comment

Really hard to tell without a link to a page/style where you are trying this out.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X