How do I prevent registration by IP Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I prevent registration by IP Address

In VB, there are some crude IP banning techniques but that prevents anyone from seeing the forum from the IP addresses I enter. I just want stop registrations (not viewing) from a list of IP addresses.

how do I do it?

What's the difference?

Options -> User Banning Options -> Banned IP Addresses

Enter in the text field any ip addresses that are banned. And crude? Relative to other forum systems VB's banning system is actually fairly efficient.
    sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.

Comment

If your host supports cpanel it's more effective to do it there. This usually sets a .htacess deny at the root of the domain.

Always blockade unwelcome visitors at the lowest system level possible.

vbulletin is software running on the server.... so if you can deny access at the webserver or file level or better yet router level you will be more secure.

Comment

Originally posted by hotpuppy View Post
        if your host supports cpanel it's more effective to do it there. This usually sets a .htacess deny at the root of the domain.

Always blockade unwelcome visitors at the lowest system level possible.

Vbulletin is software running on the server.... So if you can deny access at the webserver or file level or better yet router level you will be more secure.
        concur'd
        sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X